Ne✖uS
Welcome to the Ne✖️uS Community, enjoy your time here, and if you need anything please let us know!

Nexus Community AMV Forum

W E L C O M E    T O    N E X U S,    T H E     N E W    A M V    C O M M U N I T Y © 2017 New Members! l Present Yourself! l Read The Rules!
NEW EVENT COMING UP SOON! STAY TUNED!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ne✖uS »  G e n e r a l
 » Ξ Discussion » Best video vs Best editing vs Public Choice

Best video vs Best editing vs Public Choice

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Best video vs Best editing vs Public Choice on Tue May 09, 2017 10:21 am

Strat

avatar
NexusTeam
NexusTeam
Hello!

First of all, I would want to clarify that all opinions are respectable, and the idea is to depeen among all.


In contest, we called Best video when is simply the best (objective, little subjective) comparing to the rest of AMVs or entries, but why? Maybe is more for the feeling we get? I don't think is only that and a lot of variables appear into the game.

It's true, we appeal to emotions, but we don't if we talk in terms of Best editing (here we can introduce best technical work or design of visual effects as predetermined)

But hey, in Public Choice normally we would say that is the video the most made us enjoy it, a matter of tastes, with the feeling as component too.


What's the difference for you?

View user profile http://www.stratarts.es/

Fury

avatar
Admin
Admin
Fair judge cant really happen unless you remove any aspects related to self ego, what my taste is all about and what my favorite editor can do in comparation with the creation you judge. Thats how it works. In my opinnion best video, is the video that has anything that can make me feel, grind my gears how and why and also to make me be mindblown about the technical aspects.
EG: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&in=view&id=6717
The variables you talk about are limitless, no matter what, when is about judging it will never be fair and on point. Also we are humans and regardless, we have feelings, you may like or not a specific editor and that also disorders the reality of what and how i should judge.
Is just a hobby, that some of us take it to another level. Im sure none that still edits or edited mastered it. We cant really judge and we dont have any experience on how too. We follow a certain template and we think this is how it should be bcuz most of the good or better editors did so.



View user profile

Strat

avatar
NexusTeam
NexusTeam
Fury wrote:Fair judge cant really happen unless you remove any aspects related to self ego, what my taste is all about and what my favorite editor can do in comparation with the creation you judge. Thats how it works. In my opinnion best video, is the video that has anything that can make me feel, grind my gears how and why and also to make me be mindblown about the technical aspects.
EG: http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&in=view&id=6717
The variables you talk about are limitless, no matter what, when is about judging it will never be fair and on point. Also we are humans and regardless, we have feelings, you may like or not a specific editor and that also disorders the reality of what and how i should judge.
Is just a hobby, that some of us take it to another level. Im sure none that still edits or edited mastered it. We cant really judge and we dont have any experience on how too. We follow a certain template and we think this is how it should be bcuz most of the good or better editors did so.

Yes, we still have to learn a lot and keep learning, but that's the beautiful part too




Sharing Feelings, Generating Emotions.






View user profile http://www.stratarts.es/
With the recent rise of hatred against judges in editing competition (which probably has always existed), this is quite a modern/controversial topic.

In therms of best editing I suppose it's more objective compared to the others, seeing as you can compare the videos more easily in therms of effectiveness of the visual effects and general editing (flow, pacing, scene selection etc). Elements that seem out of place or could be used better will be noticed faster with these particular aspects of a video. In that sense I suppose you should isolate your opinion to these aspects alone. (not the story nor music selection etc)

For the Public Choice, indeed as you imply this would be more personal. People have different tastes in general but also about what's more important in an amv, some seek out every bit of the story that is contained in a video while others are stunned and try to find out how someone was able to create these effects. Which makes opinions in this category wildly different from each other. I for instance am more of a visual effect guy, however videos that incorporate these effects successfully in a concept or story stick the most for me. So yes this category would mostly be decided based on your feeling about the video.

And last but not least the Best video, for an objective choice I suppose it should be a mixture between best editing and public choice. However from my own perspective and experience I'm pretty certain that this category is very subjective as well. Seeing as the videos that stick the most with you or surprise you the most, would for you be the best candidates. This again can differ from person to person seeing as one concept or visual effect is familiar to one person but not to the other one. Which results in a video being remembered by one person but put off as generic by someone else. Since nothing is as off putting as having seen something before.



Don't let neither my avatar nor my name fool you
View user profile

Eclipse

avatar
Fukanzen Sekai
Fukanzen Sekai
I think when it comes to "Best Video", the video should be judged by the amount of effort the creator had put into the video and how well the ideas of said project went with each other. It's objective. If someone simply put random action clips next to each other (not hating on action editors, I'm one afterall) while someone spent a lot of time constructing a story and trying out new VFX, then the latter is objectively better.

When it comes to Public Choice however, it comes down to purely entertainment value. Some people might not find the story appealing or the VFX a bit too much, proffering much simpler videos such as random actions ones or raw romance edits.

That's my take on the subject matter anyways.

View user profile
I watched this amv today, was amazed by the work done! Great video

View user profile
Bankairu wrote:I watched this amv today, was amazed by the work done! Great video
what video? scratch









View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gabber1991md
gabberMD wrote:
Bankairu wrote:I watched this amv today, was amazed by the work done! Great video
what video? scratch
http://amvnews.ru/index.php?go=Files&in=view&id=6717
Forgot to write Smile

View user profile

kuros D

avatar
EdenTeam
EdenTeam
good topic! well i think that the best video is only "the video more complete" but Best technique or best desing visual it's given by the editor-experience; testing things, good colors. and the public choose if the video is more POP/Popular better bcuz reaches more people Smile



View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum